CESI hosts a state of the art dedicated surgical training space for open, endoscopic, laparoscopic and robotic surgical skills.
We have a 1,200 sq. ft. “skills arcade” containing a variety of virtual reality and task trainers that can accommodate up to 30 students. In addition we have a robotic training suite with two da Vinci Si virtual reality simulators. In addition to surgical skills, we also offer a number of trainers for practicing airway management and ultrasound guided procedures.
- Accredited American College of Surgeons (ACS) Comprehensive Level 1 Educational Institute (ACS-CEI)
- Comprehensive robotic curriculum utilizing both virtual reality and complete da Vinci Si systems
- Live remote observation of actual surgeries through our HD video conferencing system
- FLS and FES certified testing center
- FRS curriculum beta-testing site
da Vinci Robotics Training
The da Vinci SI Skills Simulator combines the same surgeon console used in the OR with a virtual reality environment to teach a variety of exercises and scenarios specifically designed to help users improve their proficiency with the surgeon console's controls. Every exercise measures user performance, providing detail scoring and feedback at the case' conclusion.
Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS)
FLS is a comprehensive education module designed to teach the physiology, fundamental knowledge, and technical skills required in basic laparoscopic surgery. The training is composed of a web-based learning module and hands-on skills practice, both of which are assessed at the conclusion of the program in the official FLS Test, conducted at CESI.
Law Enforcement & Military
The Military and Law enforcement agencies utilize the skills lab to teach advanced skills and procedures that can be used to save lives in the field. Learners first use task trainers to learn airway management, chest tube insertion, bleeding control and surgical airway skills. Their ability to apply these skills in the field is then assessed using high-fidelity simulation.
- Airway Training – Multiple airway trainers allow for training from basic management skills to advanced techniques. CESI maintains a range of airway devices including video laryngoscopes, fiberoptic bronchoscopes and surgical techniques. CESI offers training on the Simbionix Bronch Mentor Virtual Reality trainer. Local and regional airway courses are offered.
- Vascular Access - IV, PICC, Central Line - including ultrasound guidance
- Ultrasound - FAST, Pericardiocentesis, Pelvic US, Thoracentesis/Paracentesis trainers. An array of Sonosite Turbo and Site-Rite Machines are dedicated for training in the center. CESI has recently acquired the SonoSim training platform.
- ENT training - Cochlear implant trainer
- Basic Surgical skills - suturing, incision and drainage
- Endoscopic - GI, Urology, ENT
- Open surgical skills