How it Works
- A physician calls the Transfer Center expressing interest in transferring a patient to Hartford Hospital.
- The nurse at the Hartford Hospital Patient Transfer Center locates the appropriate Hartford Hospital attending physician on call and facilitates a recorded conference call among the referring doctor, accepting doctor and a Transfer Center nurse to establish a clinical picture.
- A final decision on acceptance is based on overall capacity, census, OR cases, trauma and other pending transfers.
One Call Solves All
One call to the Hartford Hospital Transfer Center. A nurse will initiate the transfer process and ask for the following information:
- Referring hospital name and phone number
- Referring physician name and number
- Patient name, age, diagnosis, and type of specialty care or service equested.
- Insurance, eligibility, and authorization for transfer. (Note: This verification is waived for all patients who meet EMTALA criteria)
Features of the Patient Transfer Center
- Operates 24/7
- Staffed by RNs
- Coordinates transportation including by air
- Simplifies the process for rapid and safe transfers
- For service-related issues call 860.972.4672
- Transfer of trauma patients and other patients with emergency medical conditions are facilitated 24 hours a day
- Non-emergent transfers are managed on a case-by-case basis.
- Coordination of Transportation
- The Hartford Hospital Patient Transfer Center can help you arrange:
- Air ambulance Specialty transport: IABP, LVAD, high-risk OB
- Ground ambulance: BLS, ALS, CCT