Our Graduate Nurse Residency Program will provide the new graduate nurse the opportunity to:
- Partner with a Registered Nurse Preceptor in a work/study environment to increase your competency providing care to the acutely ill adult medical-surgical patient
- Attend a number of monthly presentations with other new graduates that include
- "Nursing Scholar program: Best Evidence in Practice"
The objectives of the Graduate Nurse Residency Program are to:
- Provide a structured first-work experience that promotes professional growth and development
- Create a positive, safe learning environment that promotes trust and respect
- Promote strong collegial relationships through integration of the new graduate nurse into unit and hospital initiative
- Foster the visible contribution of the professional nurse
- Promote the concept of life-long learning
- New graduate nurses hired to start in July and September are enrolled in the Graduate Nurse Residency Program.
- The new graduate nurse must successfully pass NCLEX prior to the start of orientation.
- The new graduate nurse must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing (BSN required).
For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Applicants can submit requirements to:
Fax: 860.545.2351 (Attention: HR Recruiting)
For More Information, contact:
Graduate Nurse Residency Program
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 5037
Hartford, CT 06102-5037