The Program | Treatment Options | Our Team
The Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at Hartford Hospital is at the forefront in delivering cutting-edge diagnostics and treatment.
It was the first in Hartford to offer sophisticated monitoring designed to treat the most difficult and complex cases of epilepsy.
- Individualized, coordinated care by a dedicated team of epilepsy experts.
- The latest diagnostic, surgical and treatment technology.
- Inpatient video EEG monitoring in a newly renovated center with private suites.
- Ambulatory EEGs allowing patients to be monitored in their home environment for up to 72 hours.
- State-of-the-art brain imaging techniques that help pinpoint the cause or location in the brain of the seizures.
- Minimally invasive craniotomy surgery for faster recovery.
- Comprehensive support and rehabilitation services.
- Individualized care is provided to patients by a dedicated team of epilepsy experts.
Back to Top
- Comprehensive Neurology Clinic with offices in Hartford, Enfield, and Wethersfield
- Medication management
- Vagus nerve stimulator adjustments
- Outpatient mental health evaluation and treatment
- Ambulatory monitoring 24-48-72 hour operations
- Routine EEG read by epilepsy trained doctors
- Extended EEG options for up to 8 hours
- State of the art imaging with MRI, functional MRI, and PET scans.
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU)
- Six bed inpatient unit
- Specialized video-EEG monitoring equipment which is essential to accurate seizure diagnosis
- Long term video EEG monitoring
- Inpatient Neuropsychological screening
Inpatient Surgical Care
- Resection of epileptogenic structural lesions
- Curative surgical procedures for temporal lobe epilepsy
- Invasive electrode monitoring with depth and subdural electrodes
- Cortical mapping and EEG monitoring during awake lesion resections
Outpatient PostSurgical Services
- Full range of rehabilitation services including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and neuropsychological care
- Comprehensive mental health and recovery support services
Back to Top