Who We Are
The Family Planning Clinic at the women’s ambulatory health center offers safe, confidential and comprehensive care for women who seek treatment of miscarriage, birth control and pregnancy options counseling. We specialize in innovative contraceptive techniques and in providing these services to medically high risk patients.
The family planning clinic is staffed by faculty members of the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the UConn School of medicine and are experts in the field of family planning.
Where We Are
The Family Planning Clinic is located in the Women’s Ambulatory Health Services. Our close proximity to Hartford Hospital allows us to care for the most medically complex and high risk patients comfortably and safely. We currently see patients on Thursdays from 9am to 4pm.
We accept all forms of insurance including Medicaid. We offer a discounted rate for procedures for patients without insurance as well as discounted payment rates for some forms of birth control.
Our Contraceptive Services
Birth control counseling
- IUD insertion and removal
- Implanon/ Nexplanon insertion and removal
- Emergency contraption
- Depoprovera injections
- Oral contraceptive pills, nuva ring, the patch
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation
- Essure tubal occlusion
All procedures are performed at Hartford Hospital as outpatient procedures. First trimester abortions are performed up to a gestational age of 12 weeks and require one pre-operative visit prior to the procedure. Second trimester abortions are performed up to 20 weeks and also require one pre-operative visit prior to the procedure.
- Medical abortion up to 9 weeks
- Labor induction abortion up to 22 weeks
- Treatment of miscarriage and fetal demise with options for both inpatient and outpatient surgical management and medical management
- Pre- and post-procedure education and counseling