Social Work Services is available to patients in all of the care areas of the hospital.
Social Workers can help with personal, family, emotional or other issues that can result from the stress of illness or injury.
Recognizing that all family members and friends can be effected by the hospitalization of a loved one, social workers are available to families, also.
Should you wish to see a social worker, please request a visit from your team or call 860.972.2966 or extension 22966 (from any hospital phone).
Who We Are
Social Workers address varied problems and support the holistic medical care of patients and families. Each patient care area has a Social Worker assigned to address patient, family, and staff concerns. Referrals come from a variety of resources including patients, families and hospital staff. A physician’s order is not required. Social Workers are trained professionals with bachelor’s or master’s degrees in social work.
What We Do
Our mission is to enhance the effective functioning and well being of individuals, families, and communities. Social Work referrals can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bio-Psychosocial Assessments
- Child Abuse/Neglect/Exploitation
- Chronic Disease
- Conservator or Other Legal Issues
- Coping Issues for Patient and/or Family
- Consultation Services for Private Physician Offices
- Crisis Intervention
- Elder Abuse/Neglect/Exploitation
- End of Life and Bereavement Issues
- Facilitation for Child Visitation with the Adult Hospital Patient
- Family/Domestic Violence
- Family Mediation
- Frequent Re-admissions
- Lengthy Hospitalizations
- Linkages with Community Resources
- Psychoeducational Interventions
- Screening for Unplanned Intensive Care Unit Admissions
- Staff Consultation/Support/Debriefing
- Substance Abuse Assessments