Hartford Hospital Social Work is at the forefront of innovative healthcare, as leaders recognized for integrity, competence and honoring the central importance of human relationships.
Hartford Hospital Social Workers are uniquely qualified to advocate, empower and enhance our patients’ physical, emotional, social and spiritual well-being by providing a culturally competent, empathetic and person-centered approach to care.
“…To enhance the effective functioning and well-being of individuals, families, and communities…”
“…preserving rights, strengthening voices…the power of social work…”
Social Work Core Values and Ethical Principals
- Service. Social workers' primary goal is to help people in need and to address social problems.
- Social justice. Social workers challenge social injustice.
- Dignity and worth of a person. Social workers respect the inherent and worth of a person.
- Importance of human relationships. Social workers recognize the central importance of human relationships.
- Integrity. Social workers behave in a trustworthy manner.
- Competence. Social workers practice within their areas of competence and develop and enhance their professional expertise.
You may benefit from talking with a Social Worker if...
- You are dealing with a new diagnosis, living with a serious illness or a chronic illness
- You need support communicating with the health care team
- You need someone to listen to your concerns
- You are worried about the future
- You are wondering about advance directives and who will speak for you if you can’t speak for yourself
- You are feeling sad, depressed, or frustrated
- You have concerns about your safety
- You are looking for counseling or guidance
Ask a member of your healthcare team to contact social work or call 860.972.2966.