The Hartford Hospital Radiology Residency Program requires a preliminary/transitional year of training. A preliminary year of Internal Medicine is offered at Hartford Hospital in conjunction with the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. Information can be obtained from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine by contacting Mary Peach at 860.679.2562 or email@example.com.
Final selections for the year of Medicine are made by the Internal Medicine Department at UConn and not by the Department of Radiology at Hartford Hospital.
Program Eligibility and Selection Policies
Please click here to read about the Program Eligibility and Selection Policies.
The AAMC Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) is used for all applications for PG2 positions in Radiology.
Submitting Applications via ERAS
- ERAS Common Application Form (CAF)/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter (Medical School Performance Evaluation)
- At least two current letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) status, if applicable
- Deadline is the last Friday in October
International Medical Graduates
- Passing USMLE Step 1 and 2 scores (minimum 200) by 2nd attempt.
- Graduation from Medical School: Must be within the past five (5) years.
- ECFMG certification is required before interview.
- At least one year experience within the US medical system
- J-1 Visas, US Permanent Residency or US Naturalization. Hartford Hospital sponsors only J-1 visas; this is not negotiable.
- Hartford Hospital requires USMLE Step 3 before the conclusion of the PGY2 year.
Applications will be processed and reviewed upon receipt by our Education Committee. Approximately 60 applicants will be invited for interviews. Therefore, an attempt should be made to make the initial application as strong as possible. Interviews will be held on selected weekdays from 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM from early November through mid-January.
Resident selection will take place through the Matching Program for PGY2 positions in our Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program.
Paula C. Levenson
Radiology Residency Program Coordinator
80 Seymour Street, P.O. Box 5037
Hartford, CT 06102-5037